- This event has passed.
Building Clinical Skills for PrEP
April 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Describe the epidemiology of HIV in the Southeast and Tennessee
• Describe the current treatment guidelines for PrEP
• Identify key populations impacted by HIV that may benefit from PrEP, including men who have sex with men, transgender persons, women planning to conceive and adolescents, and persons who inject drugs
• Describe management of significant sexually transmitted infection
• Demonstrate sexually history taking skills and increase comfort discussing sexuality with patient
• Demonstrate and provide opportunity to practice proper techniques of extra-genital screening for sexually transmitted infections
• Discuss patient education with practical approaches for patients to adhere to medication and follow up clinic visits
• Identify patient support programs and novel PrEP model
• Monitor the patient and adjust care plan as needed
Physicians, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, nurse clinicians, physician assistants, health educators, outreach workers, social workers, health administrators, and other clinical personnel.
Please create an account on the National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Center (NNPTC) website: http://courses.nnptc.org/class_information.html?id=2139.